Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Going Home



Over the weekend we went to Ames to visit my family. My mom lives in the house that I have known as "home" since I was eight years old which means that the house has become a part of the family. And if you look around it, it's as if my mom hasn't decorated it, it's just evolved. It's the little things scattered and tucked into corners that make it home. The scotsman toy on the mirror, the etched rocks sitting on the 100 year old sled (coffee table), the blankets made by friends and family, and Pete quietly banging away at the bathroom cupboards trying to open them to get Q-Tips out. I sleep well here. And I never sleep well.


While in Ames we had a Girl's Day Out (Jo Momma, Brynna, Me, and Maya) where we had lunch at Ivy's Tea Room at The Shoppe's On Grand. The last two photos are from there.I exclaimed while getting my hair cut that I was "straight for a day" because I got my hair straightened after the cut.

I figured out what I had said about four hours later.

No comments: