Thursday, January 15, 2009

Staying on Track


I'm thinkin' maybe I'll try to stay away from giving books this year for Christmas. But it's so easy to do, and I get them so damn cheap!! It's probably getting old in my family and I think they all hate me, "Oh, thanks Clare for this stupid book I'll never read." It's hard to shop for some of them, and for others it's easy.

My solution, go handmade. I've got a great idea for Maisie...and that's it...but I'll keep thinking of them. I need my sewing machine to magically appear from where it's residing in Ames so that I can work on some of the crafty ideas I've got swirling in my head.

I ran today and it felt awesome, I would have spent longer than half an hour, but I had to go buy formula before work. I got into the zone and that's hard for me to do on a treadmill. I hate treadmills.


This is Number 24. It is an inspiration box for Cori Kindred in Portland. I send her old and broken books that we throw away at work so that she can incorporate them into her work and crafts, which I love because it keeps those books alive. In return she'll send me some of her found paper wonderfulnesses, so wonderful I just can't bring myself to use them. Or, she'll send me some of her photos, which I love love love. I sent her the prairie, some tea, a candle, and an old book. Because I follow her blog, I have discovered so many other blogs, each and everyone so inspiring.
HulaSeventy
abbytryagain
sacred lotus
and last, moxiee

Ahhh, Porland. Such passionate and creative people. Must be the fancy voodoo donuts.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi clare,

thanks for linking to my blog! i love finding new blogs to read. i will be adding yours to my list. have a great weekend! :)

nicolle
sacred lotus photography

Nicole said...

One of the women I visited in Portland this past year got married at Voodoo Donuts.
good luck on the crafty stuff. I'm sure they'll be fab.